Found this one in a draft folder from several months ago. I just left a potluck and I’m too full of cheesecake to sit and write, so I’m opting to hit publish. The articles may be dated and irrelevant, the links may be dead, but I feel good for having made another contribution to the Internets. Continue reading
The Mix Tape celebrated its one year anniversary and then faded away. Faded because I now do almost all my reading on wee little gadgets and have pages bookmarked on four different devices and I’m too
lazy busy to re-find my favourites. I spent the better part of Family Day long weekend ignoring my family and cleaning up my messy digital life, but still didn’t revive the mixed tape. Today I don’t feel up to addressing the Boston-sized elephant in the room, instead I want to carry on with something familiar. The mixed tape.
Around this time last year I started the mix tape. The original goal was to post a new mix weekly, but sporadically seems to suit me better. I can’t be confined by a calendar. This week is the best yet. (Like every good reality TV show, I’m going to make this promise every week). Continue reading
This is a super-sized edition – I spent some time cleaning up my bookmarks and transferring to a new feed and
I’m too lazy to edit down to the best it’s all worth reading. Continue reading
The Mix Tape is back and better than ever*. Try to contain yourself. Continue reading
The 13th edition of running stuff from The Internets that is more interesting than my hypochondria injuries, complaints about spring, and barn raisings:
- Interview with an Angry Runner. Learn how she got her running start by failing skipping.
- The Manly Runner is looking for a
mate date. Disclaimer: this link is not an endorsement, i.e. don’t sue me if it doesn’t work out.
- Rate your run, not with stars or smiley faces, but piles. Of poop. Example: this was a two-crap run. It works for in the literal and the figurative.
- Dear parents, thank you for giving me butt chafe resistant genes. No long run lube required.
- Does anybody really know what time it is? The guy who fixed the finish line clock.
- The big bad Boston Marathon list. I’m checking it twice. And I’ll probably still forget something critical. Like my shoes.
- Injured and constipated? Blame your antibiotics. And get some taco bell.
- Reason #48 I don’t like treadmills: the guess who farted game. I haven’t mastered my “you’re disgusting” look.
- As I drag Husband to another country to watch me run a marathon he’s narrowly missed qualifying for a zillion times Shelby reminds me how lucky I am for this and a million other favours. I don’t make him wake up early on his day off, but I do make him watch for thugs during my midnight runs.
- Hallelujah, syrup is good for me. Move over blueberries.
- It may be called Heartbreak Hill, but it won’t break your heart. Unless you are 1 in 374,000. What are the odds? Oh, right, 1 in 374,000.
- If you were a robot you could talk to your treadmill. Asking about the last time it was greased sounds kind of dirty …
- Drew Carey, Price is Right host replacement, is running the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon. This is only news worthy because he’s a celebrity. His level of fame is related to his placement on this list.