The 11th edition of the weekend mix tape. I have a strange affinity for numbers that are prime, palindrome, or repeating patterns. A palindromic prime, 11 is high on my list of likes. For you, 11 links from around the webs that will shock, amuse, or stimulate conversation on your next group run.
- Menacing Thug come out in favour of running with music. You’ll be fine. Trust him.
- RunningUSA announced that over half a million Americans ran
42.2K26.2 miles last year. Five nifty factoids you may have missed if you only read the catchy headline.
- A playlist after my own heart. The Radical 80s Running Mix. I was in elementary school, but I was definitely rad. Admittedly, around 90% of the titles are already on my iPod.
- Less is less – a lesson in fast running or running faster. No more bemoaning your lack of Kenyaness.
- Do you listen to your body? Is your body a needy, greedy, lazy little bitch that should probably be ignored?
- A marathon … at night? One runner’s brain considers the lure of the moonlit Las Vegas Marathon.
- If you’ve been reading my blog or following my twitter feed you know I can relate to this $600 quest for a pair of decent running shoes.
- Guelph wants to be Canada’s track down. Seriously.
- How do you run faster (than your run partners)? Race alligators.
- After your youth and good looks fade, where will your running be in 30 years?
- Awesome things #286? Seeing a dog or cat chase its own tail.
- Bonus Track: My new favourite Ode to Marathon Pace.